Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this easy, traditional Mexican dish. Serves 6.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (chopped)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 11 oz condensed chicken soup (canned)
- 2 cups mozzarella (shredded)
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Cook beef, onion and pepper over medium high in a large pan, until beef is brown and cooked. Add in the water and seasoning, reduce heat and let simmer until liquid is gone.
- Combine the yogurt, soup, and cheese in another bowl, set aside.
- On the tortillas, place even amounts of the meat mixture. Then, layer with the yogurt mixture and roll to close. Place filled tortillas in a baking dish, top with remaining yogurt mixture. Bake for about half an hour.